About the training provider
Northampton Teacher Training Partnership (NTTP) works jointly with Northampton School for Boys, an Ofsted 'Outstanding' school (Nov 2014) which is the Lead School from our Partnership. NTTP is a School-Centred Teacher Training provider based on the school site. We offer a one year full-time Secondary (11-16) teacher training course with a Post Graduate Certificate in Education currently validated by Newman University. All of the partnership schools have ex-trainees as members of staff, many of whom work as School Based Tutors for us. The partnership is comprised of schools which offer a wide range of different experiences for our trainees.
We encourage applications from all spheres of the community regardless of age, race, disability, religion and gender. The vast majority of trainees who successfully achieve both QTS and an academic award, gain employment in local schools, which is a huge strength of the partnership.
Our Key Strengths are:
• Trainees’ professionalism, the good relationships they develop with staff and pupils and their high expectations of the learners
• The pivotal role of administrative support in facilitating excellent communication across the partnership that benefits support for, and attainment of trainees
• Consistently good quality school placements, and their intelligent use by the provider, to provide contrasting experiences for and carefully match them to the individual needs of trainees
• The expertise of school-based tutors in coaching their trainees towards improvement
• Developing a strong shared ethos of pastoral care that facilitates swift and effective intervention and support for trainees.
Training with disabilities and other needs
We support trainees with a wide variety of needs both during centre-based training and on school placements. The programme is personalised to be supportive and challenging for each trainee. We work closely with Newman University (PGCE Validating body) to ensure that trainee needs are met.
Apply on the UCAS website. You’ll need to register with UCAS before you can apply.
Visit Get into Teaching for guidance on applying for teacher training.
When you apply you’ll need these codes for the Choices section of your application form:
Training provider code:
Training programme code:
Choose a training location
You’ll also need to choose a training location and give the relevant training location code.
||NTTP, Northampton School for Boys, Billing Road, Northampton NN1 5RT
Advice and support
For questions about this course you should contact the training provider using the contact details above.
For advice about teaching
For advice about teaching or teacher training you can call Get into Teaching on Freephone 0800 389 2500 or chat to an adviser using their online chat service between 8am and 8pm, Monday to Friday.
If you have feedback or have had a problem using Find postgraduate teacher training you can contact us by email.
Is there something wrong with this page?
If there is something wrong with this course listing, contact us by email.