About the course
Trainees spend Monday to Thursday in their placement school with training taking place each Friday, usually at the Bromley Schools' Collegiate training suite. This is based at Chislehurst School for Girls, Beaverwood Road, Chislehurst BR7 6HE.
Our facilitators are experienced practitioners, many are senior leaders in our schools.
To meet the ITT criteria trainees must have experience of whole class teaching in 2 school settings. BSC will make these arrangements for you. Placement 1 is from September to December
Placement 2 is from January to July
The Training course runs from September to July.
The PGCE element is delivered by Canterbury Christ Church University at the Bromley Schools' Collegiate training room at Chislehurst School for Girls, BR7 6HE. This programme is bespoke to BSC.
Successful applications will be invited for interview. We try to give as much notice as possible, however this may be within a week of receiving your application.
The interview will be to assess your suitability for teaching and National Curriculum knowledge for primary
As part of the selection process, we require you to
- prepare a short 4 minute presentation to be delivered to a small panel of teachers. Which should be delivered orally without powerpoint or any other electronic aid.
- have a formal interview with senior management / headteacher.
- Read a book suitable to a class of children - year group will be given in advance. This will be observed and fed back to the interview panel
- Complete to an acceptable standard a year 6 grammar test and a year 6 maths test
How school placements work
Much consideration is given to placements. Each trainee must undertake 2 school placements to gain contrasting experience of teaching. Full details will be discussed with successful candidates once an offer has been made. All placements will be in the borough of Bromley, Kent.
The course fees for 2019/2020 are as follows:
Tuition fee can be paid by applying for a loan from Student Finance or private finance.
Candidates must have a good Degree with a minimum of 2:2 classification (or equivalent) in the subject you wish to teach.
• Maths, English, at GCSE C /L4
• Pass both Literacy and Numeracy Professional Skills tests, before the start of the course.
We are looking for candidates who want to make a difference to the lives of children. We want you to have a genuine passion for teaching.
We do not require candidates to have school / classroom experience before making an application.
All successful candidates will be asked to complete health declarations and disclosure and barring service checks - both must be clear.
About the training provider
- Main Site Bromley Schools' Collegiate, Chislehurst BR7 6HE
Bromley Schools' Collegiate is a well established provider of initial teacher training with over 25 years experience. During this time we have trained over 1400 teachers.
100% of our trainees say they feel prepared for their NQT year.
What our last cohort of trainees say about us:
- I know my confidence stems from the opportunities that have been provided by Bromley Schools' Collegiate
- Support was consistent throughout and I have really benefited from learning as you go approach
- I feel very luck to have had 2 amazing placements with very, very supportive departments who would do anything they could to help
- I think the course is fantastic. There is a great emphasis on independence and freedom
Training with disabilities and other needs
BSC is an all inclusive provider.
You can't apply for this course because it currently has no vacancies. To find courses with vacancies, change your search settings to 'Only courses with vacancies'.
Support and advice
For questions about this course you should contact the training provider using the contact details above.
Get support and advice about teaching
Register with Get into Teaching, the Department for Education’s free support and advice service, for personalised guidance from teaching experts. They can help you to prepare your application, book school experience, and access exclusive teaching events. You can also call them free on 0800 389 2500, or speak to an adviser using their online chat service, from 8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday.
If you have feedback or have had a problem using Find postgraduate teacher training you can contact us by email.
Is there something wrong with this page?
If there is something wrong with this course listing, contact us by email.