About the training provider
• Our ITT programme is school based, where you will be trained by highly skilled teachers in the classroom.
• We have 20 primary schools across North Yorkshire, York and East Riding offering an impressive breadth of experience, from large town schools to smaller village primaries, faith and community schools.
• Our motivation for running the programme is to supply all the schools in our alliance with ‘home-grown’, highly skilled teachers – we are invested in making you the best teacher you can be and securing you a job at the end.
• Polaris Teaching School Alliance supports entrants to the profession through every stage in their career – from NQT to Headship. Your teacher-training year is just the first step in a career supported by high-quality CPD.
• We have a track record of supporting trainees through all the challenges of undertaking the programme. We pride ourselves on our responsiveness to any obstacles you might meet along the way, supported by a mentor for the programme
• We follow the ‘local model’ – tutors from Leeds Trinity University come to us to deliver the Professional Development element of the programme one day a week, and you train in the classroom four days a week.
Training with disabilities and other needs
Our training facility is based in St. Mary’s primary School, Malton, a fully-accessible primary school. All our placement schools are accessible and we work with partners to ensure every placement meets the needs of the trainee.
Our HEI partner, Leeds Trinity University has a breadth of experience in supporting students with a range of disabilities and we work with them to ensure all trainees are fully supported and have equal access to all training and opportunities.
Apply on the UCAS website. You’ll need to register with UCAS before you can apply.
Visit Get into Teaching for guidance on applying for teacher training.
When you apply you’ll need these codes for the Choices section of your application form:
Training provider code:
Training programme code:
Choose a training location
You’ll also need to choose a training location – select the relevant location name on the application form.
||Highfield Road, Malton, North Yorkshire YO17 7DB
Advice and support
For questions about this course you should contact the training provider using the contact details above.
For advice about teaching
For advice about teaching or teacher training you can call Get into Teaching on Freephone 0800 389 2500 or chat to an adviser using their online chat service between 8am and 8pm, Monday to Friday.
If you have feedback or have had a problem using Find postgraduate teacher training you can contact us by email.
Is there something wrong with this page?
If there is something wrong with this course listing, contact us by email.