You could be eligible for either:
- a scholarship of £28,000
- a bursary of £26,000
To qualify for a scholarship you’ll need a degree of 2:1 or above in Computing or a related subject. For a bursary you’ll need a 2:2 or above in any subject.
You can’t claim both a bursary and a scholarship - you can only claim one.
Find out how to apply for a scholarship. You don’t need to apply for a bursary - if you’re eligible, you’ll automatically start receiving it once you begin your course. Find out how you’ll be paid.
Financial support if you’re from outside the UK.
About the training provider
The Thames Teaching Alliance is a large group of varied schools in and around the banks of the Thames in North Kent, 16 miles from London and close to Ebbsfleet International station. We believe training with us will be an invigorating and innovative experience because:
- Students in our schools come from a variety of socio-economic backgrounds and are ethnically diverse, which will enable you to engage with a whole variety of teaching methods and styles of learning.
- We have a large selection of trainees in our schools each year so you will not be alone but will benefit from that peer to peer support that is so important when learning new skills.
- Schools in the alliance include nursery schools, junior schools, primary schools and academies. There are single sex and mixed Secondary schools, Faith schools, Special schools, High schools and Grammar schools. Their intake ranges from children coming from the leafy suburbs of the affluent London commuter belt, to students who live in areas of social and economic deprivation.
- Over the six years the Thames Teaching Alliance has engaged with School Direct, we have a 70% retention rate of the staff we train remaining in local schools. This means it is likely that we will be able to support you in finding that all important supportive first teaching job in a North Kent School.
- Thames Teaching Alliance training is evaluated by the students in an overwhelmingly positive way with a consistent 95% satisfaction rate.
About the accredited body
Canterbury Christchurch university is one of the largest centres of teacher education in the country. It is a good provider of education. The School of Education provides courses in the centre of Canterbury and at Hall Place, the satellite site for the university. For further information please see the following website. (https://www.canterbury.ac.uk/education/faculty-of-education.aspx)
Training with disabilities and other needs
We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. You will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status. This includes pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin. Religion or beliefs, sex or sexual orientation.
If you are disabled, we encourage you to notify us as early as possible in application process so that we can consider what reasonable adjustments or support may be appropriate. Please be aware that this will differ between our range of schools.
Apply on the UCAS website. You’ll need to register with UCAS before you can apply.
Visit Get into Teaching for guidance on applying for teacher training.
When you apply you’ll need these codes for the Choices section of your application form:
Training provider code:
Training programme code:
Choose a training location
You’ll also need to choose a training location – select the relevant location name on the application form.
Northfleet Technology College
Colyer Road, Northfleet DA11 8BG
Support and advice
For questions about this course you should contact the training provider using the contact details above.
Get support and advice about teaching
Register with Get into Teaching, the Department for Education’s free support and advice service, for personalised guidance from teaching experts. They can help you to prepare your application, book school experience, and access exclusive teaching events. You can also call them free on 0800 389 2500, or speak to an adviser using their online chat service, from 8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday.
If you have feedback or have had a problem using Find postgraduate teacher training you can contact us by email.
Is there something wrong with this page?
If there is something wrong with this course listing, contact us by email.