Financial support isn’t available for this course because it comes with a salary.
If you choose a course without a salary, you may be eligible for financial support while you study, including bursaries, scholarships and loans.
About the training provider
Teach in Kent offers a classroom-based training route in partnership with the TES Institute who have a reputation for innovative online learning materials which offer great flexibility for your learning.
Our blended learning programme combines school-based training, online learning materials, experienced subject specialists as mentors and high quality professional studies training sessions. We are lucky to have a high number of Outstanding Teachers who act as excellent role models. You will have ample opportunity to observe them teaching and to discuss their techniques.
Our partnership of over 50 schools across Kent offers a range of contexts at both secondary and primary level. We want our trainees to gain experience in different school settings to ensure they are well prepared for their future career in teaching.
About the accredited provider
TES Institute is committed to supporting school based teacher training, helping schools to create great teachers. Through their team of highly experienced Pathway Tutors working in partnership with schools and trainees, TES Institute combines the best of in-person and online learning to deliver truly flexible teacher training. TES institute works with 8 partnerships of schools across Essex, Suffolk and Kent, who work collaboratively to share best practice to develop and deliver high quality teacher training.
Training with disabilities and other needs
TES Institute and Teach in Kent are committed to promoting access for people with disabilities and additional needs. We support and enable students with physical disabilities, sensory impairments, specific learning difficulties, special psychological needs and medical conditions that can have an impact on day-to-day activities, to participate in TES Institute programmes, as far as is reasonably practicable and within any constraints laid down by relevant professional bodies.
TES Institute will:
• Encourage applications from people with disabilities
• Seek to provide information in suitable formats
• Assess applicants who disclose disabilities or specific needs solely on the basis of their academic potential and suitability to train to teach
• Invite applicants with a disability or specific need to contact TES Institute to discuss how their requirements can be accommodated
• Provide additional support or resources at application to enable the applicant to complete the application process including attending interview where applicable
• Offer additional provision to ensure no disadvantage compared with other applicants
• Work towards the earliest possible assessment of needs and offer of reasonable accommodations where required
• Make reasonable accommodations in assessment where applicable and without impacting the learning outcomes to be assessed
• Provide educational support services as appropriate for eligible students
• Take steps to encourage students with progressive conditions, or who become disabled during their programme of study, to continue their studies
• Promote an inclusive environment and attitude at TES Institute and endeavour to provide appropriate training to staff where required
Apply on the UCAS website. You’ll need to register with UCAS before you can apply.
Visit Get into Teaching for guidance on applying for teacher training.
When you apply you’ll need these codes for the Choices section of your application form:
Training provider code:
Training programme code:
Choose a training location
You’ll also need to choose a training location and give the relevant training location code.
||157 Walderslade Road ME5 0LP
Advice and support
For questions about this course you should contact the training provider using the contact details above.
For advice about teaching
For advice about teaching or teacher training you can call Get into Teaching on Freephone 0800 389 2500 or chat to an adviser using their online chat service between 8am and 8pm, Monday to Friday.
If you have feedback or have had a problem using Find postgraduate teacher training you can contact us by email.
Is there something wrong with this page?
If there is something wrong with this course listing, contact us by email.