About the training provider
Lambeth is a dynamic and diverse borough in which to get in to teaching. Our schools are passionate about learning and teaching and ambitious for their pupils. Lambeth's young people deserve the best and we aim to deliver this by recruiting and training outstanding candidates for teaching posts in the borough. In return we offer first class training and support in some of the most dynamic, forward thinking and diverse schools in the country.
What we offer:
- Award of PGCE and QTS on all courses
- Enhanced inner London salaries on the salaried school direct route of between £21,000-£27,000
- Highly subsidised accommodation in one of our renovated Victorian school houses
- Exceptional teachers working in our schools who are keen to share their diverse range of skills, knowledge and distinctive teaching methodology with the next generation of teachers.
- Schools that have close partnerships with the range of world class organisations on our doorstep, such as the Royal Festival Hall and the Southbank Centre, Royal Society of Arts, University of Roehampton, London South Bank University, King’s College London University, St Thomas’ University Medical School and the Engineering Development Trust.
- Excellent access to employment opportunities once qualified through our network of Lambeth Schools. All of our trainees in 2017-18 have gone on to secure NQT positions in Lambeth.
About the accredited body
The School of Education is one of the principal providers of teacher training in the UK, with partnerships of over 350 schools. We have a rich history of over 175 years.
Students enjoy high quality teaching and employment prospects are excellent: 99% of teacher training graduates are in work or study six months after leaving us (Destinations of Leavers of Higher Education 2013/14).
Our beautiful parkland campus in south-west London is only 30 minutes from the West End. Our School is ranked third in London for the quality of our research in the field of education (Research Excellence Framework 2014).
Training with disabilities and other needs
- The majority of our schools have lifts and step free access to teaching spaces.
- We ask all candidates shortlisted for interview to complete a declaration of health form, which enables us, in partnership with the University, to provide bespoke support to trainees with additional health needs
- In the past we have provided additional time in interview tests for trainees with specific needs.
You can't apply for this course because it currently has no vacancies. To find courses with vacancies, change your search settings to 'Only courses with vacancies'.
Support and advice
For questions about this course you should contact the training provider using the contact details above.
Get support and advice about teaching
Register with Get into Teaching, the Department for Education’s free support and advice service, for personalised guidance from teaching experts. They can help you to prepare your application, book school experience, and access exclusive teaching events. You can also call them free on 0800 389 2500, or speak to an adviser using their online chat service, from 8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday.
If you have feedback or have had a problem using Find postgraduate teacher training you can contact us by email.
Is there something wrong with this page?
If there is something wrong with this course listing, contact us by email.