About the course
Trainees on the school direct programme will be considered by Eliot Bank Gordonbrock Federation, Lewisham, London
Campus code B
Trainees spend Monday to Thursday in their placement school with training taking place each Friday, usually at the Bromley Schools' Collegiate training suite. This is based at Chislehurst School for Girls, Beaverwood Road, Chislehurst BR7 6HE.
Our facilitators are experienced practitioners, many are senior leaders in our schools.
Successful applications will be invited for interview. We try to give as much notice as possible, however this may be within a week of receiving your application.
The interview will be to assess your suitability for teaching and National Curriculum knowledge for primary
As part of the selection process, we require you to
- prepare a short 4 minute presentation to be delivered to a small panel of teachers. Which should be delivered orally without powerpoint or any other electronic aid.
- have a formal interview with senior management / headteacher.
- Read a book suitable to a class of children - year group will be given in advance. This will be observed and fed back to the interview panel
- Complete to an acceptable standard a year 6 grammar test and a year 6 maths test
How school placements work
A great deal of consideration is given to placements. To meet the ITT criteria trainees must have experience of whole class teaching in 2 school settings. BSC will make these arrangements for you. This will take place in Spring term 1 (January and February ).
The Training course runs from September to July.
The course fees for 2020/2021 are as follows:
Tuition fee may be paid through personal finance or student finance company.
Candidates must have a good Degree with a minimum of 2:2 classification (or equivalent) in the subject you wish to teach.
• Maths, English, Science at GCSE C /L4
We do not expect candidates to have experience working in schools / classroom.
We are looking for candidates who have a genuine passion for teaching.
About the training provider
Bromley Schools' Collegiate is a well established provider of initial teacher training with over 25 years experience. During this time we have trained over 1400 teachers.
100% of our trainees say they feel prepared for their NQT year.
What our last cohort of trainees say about us:
- I know my confidence stems from the opportunities that have been provided by Bromley Schools' Collegiate
- Support was consistent throughout and I have really benefited from learning as you go approach
- I feel very luck to have had 2 amazing placements with very, very supportive departments who would do anything they could to help
- I think the course is fantastic. There is a great emphasis on independence and freedom
About the accredited body
At Bromley Schools' Collegiate you will be supported continually during the course.
Training with disabilities and other needs
Bromley Schools' Collegiate is an all inclusive provider.
Apply on the UCAS website. You’ll need to register with UCAS before you can apply.
Visit Get into Teaching for guidance on applying for teacher training.
When you apply you’ll need these codes for the Choices section of your application form:
Training provider code:
Training programme code:
Choose a training location
You’ll also need to choose a training location – select the relevant location name on the application form.
Eliot Bank and Gordonbrock
Eliot Bank Primary, Thorpewood Avenue, Sydenham, London SE26 4BU
Warren Road, Orpington BR6 6JF
Support and advice
For questions about this course you should contact the training provider using the contact details above.
Get support and advice about teaching
Register with Get into Teaching, the Department for Education’s free support and advice service, for personalised guidance from teaching experts. They can help you to prepare your application, book school experience, and access exclusive teaching events. You can also call them free on 0800 389 2500, or speak to an adviser using their online chat service, from 8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday.
If you have feedback or have had a problem using Find postgraduate teacher training you can contact us by email.
Is there something wrong with this page?
If there is something wrong with this course listing, contact us by email.