Primary with Learners First Schools Partnership Accredited provider: East of England Teacher Training

Course offered
QTS full time
Financial support
Student finance if you’re eligible
Qualification
QTS

Qualified teacher status (QTS) allows you to teach in state schools in England.

If you want to teach in the rest of the UK or internationally, consider a course that gives you the qualification ‘postgraduate certificate in education with qualified teacher status’ instead.

Course length
1 year
Date you can apply from
9 October 2018
Date course starts
September 2019
Website
http://www.learnersfirst.net

About the course

This program is delivered jointly by Learners First Schools Partnership (LFSP) and East of England Teacher Training Centre. You will spend 85% of your time in one of our partner schools, with the other 15% spent attending training sessions facilitated by SLE’s. Upon successful completion of the program, you will be awarded QTS.

You will be primarily based at your ‘home’ school, but will be expected to attend to attend training sessions at various local venues.

LFSP offer two School Direct Primary ITT routes – salaried and non-salaried. On the salaried route you are employed by your ‘home’ school and paid on the UQT Scale point 1. Trainees on the salaried route are expected to be able to potentially undertake a higher teaching commitment, with the possibility that they may be given their own class responsibility from the beginning of the program. The salaried route is generally best suited to those trainees that have broad experience within a school setting. On the salaried route the tuition-fee is payable by LFSP; on the non-salaried route it is the responsibility of the trainee to pay the tuition-fee, but subject to eligibility they could access Student Finance if they so wished.

Interview process

Subject to eligibility checks, you will be invited to attend an interview via UCAS, as well as email invitation from a member of the LFSP team. At your interview, the panel will be a group of SLE’s from our teaching schools and partner schools. There will be a formal interview, and you will also be required to deliver a teaching task. Prior to the interview, you will be made aware of which year group you will deliver your teaching task to. A decision as to whether or not you will be offered a place on this program will be made, and you will be informed of this decision via UCAS.

How school placements work

All school placements are arranged and organised by LFSP, and you will spend time in at least 2 contrasting schools, as well as gaining additional EAL and SEND exposure. Whilst consideration is taken with regards to the location of your placement school/s in relation to your home address, trainees should anticipate that they could possibly have to travel up to 1 hour to reach their placement school. The average travel time to a placement school is 10-30 minutes.

Fees

The course fees for 2019/2020 are as follows:
Student type Fees to pay
UK students £8,500
EU students £8,500
  • Additional PGCE optional at cost to trainee

Financial support

You may be eligible for a loan while you study.

Financial support if you’re from outside the UK.

Requirements

Qualifications

  • UK BA/BSc degree (or equivalent)
  • English, Science & Maths GCSEs Grade C/4 or above (or equivalents)
  • Professional Skills Tests – Numeracy & Literacy

(Applications may still be considered if the above aren’t complete prior to interview)

Personal qualities

  • High level of motivation
  • Strong work ethic
  • Potential to become an effective classroom leader
  • Good communicator and listener
  • Patience, adaptability, resilience, team-work, imagination
  • Positive expectations
  • Be organized, and have great time management

Let us know why you want to teach, and provide evidence that you understand the rewards and challenges of teaching. Previous experience is not compulsory, but if you do have relevant work/voluntary experience, please include this on your application. Tell us about the range of relevant abilities and skills you can bring to teaching.

Other requirements

Satisfactory enhanced DBS clearance

About the training provider

Learners First Schools Partnership is an inclusive, not-for-profit teaching school partnership of over 200 schools and academies. Learners First is a large, well established and successful partnership covering all phases (0-19) and school contexts with a proven track record across all key performance indicators. Learners First is based in South Yorkshire and much of its work takes place across this area but the partnership has strong connections with many other schools, academies, multi academy trusts, teaching schools and system leaders from across the country.

Learners First provides high quality, relevant professional development and facilitates opportunities for forward thinking research and school-to-school support to promote meaningful collaboration and school improvement.

School Direct is an ever increasingly popular alternative route into teaching which is more school-based and school-led than a traditional one year PGCE.

85% of the programme is spent in at least 2 schools training, teaching and observing lessons and best practice. The remaining 15% is spent at one of our partner HEIs' studying for the PGCE element of the programme. The school based part of the programme is bespoke to the individual, and there's a full and comprehensive support network for each trainee. Graduating the programme means the award of QTS and PGCE.

Upon graduation via the School Direct route, there is the intention to offer graduates their first job as a teacher. Over the past 2 years 96% of Learners First School Direct graduates have been offered employment within our partnership of schools.

About the accredited provider

East of England Teacher Training Centre are a group of experienced educational professionals who lead high quality school based Teacher Training to allow trainee teachers to gain QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) with the option of also gaining a PGCE. This is a fantastic opportunity to be trained and supported by experienced teachers in outstanding and supportive school environments. EOETTC are passionate about what they do, and about making a difference to the lives of the children within the partner schools.

Testimonials from 2017-18 trainees: https://www.eoettc.com/about-us/testimonials

Training with disabilities and other needs

Learners First Schools Partnership (LFSP) is committed to promoting disability equality, eliminating unlawful discrimination in all of its activities and working towards ensuring that all trainees with disabilities realise their potential. LFSP values the diversity of its trainee population and is committed to ensuring that the highest equality and diversity standards are maintained.

Contact details

Email
ssmith@learnersfirst.org
Telephone
01709267021
Website
http://www.learnersfirst.net
Address
Learners First Schools Partnership
Bawtry Road
Wickersley
Rotherham
S66 1JL

Apply

Apply on the UCAS website. You’ll need to register with UCAS before you can apply.

Visit Get into Teaching for guidance on applying for teacher training.

When you apply you’ll need these codes for the Choices section of your application form:

  • Training provider code: 1GX
  • Training programme code: 3BLF

Choose a training location

You’ll also need to choose a training location and give the relevant training location code.

Code Name Address
- Main Site Bawtry Road, Wickersley, Rotherham S66 1JL

Advice and support

For questions about this course you should contact the training provider using the contact details above.

For advice about teaching

For advice about teaching or teacher training you can call Get into Teaching on Freephone 0800 389 2500 or chat to an adviser using their online chat service between 8am and 8pm, Monday to Friday.

Website support

If you have feedback or have had a problem using Find postgraduate teacher training you can contact us by email.

Is there something wrong with this page?

If there is something wrong with this course listing, contact us by email.