About the training provider
The Minster Teaching School Alliance (MTSA) is a large teaching school working with schools across Nottinghamshire. We work in partnership with the University of Nottingham and Nottingham Trent University and host a large number of School Direct students each year throughout the region across a range of phases and specialisms.
We have a very high completion rate and almost all of our trainees from previous years have secured permanent jobs in schools following their training year. Many of our trainees secure employment within their host school or the Alliance following their training.
In addition to the support that you will receive from your university and your host school, MTSA will provide support for you and your mentor, including:
- a programme of sessions throughout the year to support and complement practice that has been taught at university and in school
- specific additional training for key elements of phase-specific teaching, such as phonics or GCSE/A Level examinations
- the opportunity to link and work with School Direct students in other schools across both primary and secondary phases, which has proven to be a real network of support
- a second placement at a school in a contrasting context, with careful consideration of your transport and training needs
- additional support from our team throughout your training.
We are committed to creating the teachers and leaders of the future who are excited to work with us to change the lives of young people.
Training with disabilities and other needs
In partnership with our universities, support can be provided for applicants with disabilities and other needs.
This may be delivered through specific support from your university, additional training or resources, and consideration of your needs by ourselves and/or your host school.
As with students across our Alliance, we will endeavour to provide support on a bespoke and individual basis wherever possible. If you have a disability or additional need, please contact us to discuss this.
You can't apply for this course because it currently has no vacancies. To find courses with vacancies, change your search settings to 'Only courses with vacancies'.
Support and advice
For questions about this course you should contact the training provider using the contact details above.
Get support and advice about teaching
Register with Get into Teaching, the Department for Education’s free support and advice service, for personalised guidance from teaching experts. They can help you to prepare your application, book school experience, and access exclusive teaching events. You can also call them free on 0800 389 2500, or speak to an adviser using their online chat service, from 8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday.
If you have feedback or have had a problem using Find postgraduate teacher training you can contact us by email.
Is there something wrong with this page?
If there is something wrong with this course listing, contact us by email.