You could be eligible for either:
- a scholarship of £28,000
- a bursary of £26,000
To qualify for a scholarship you’ll need a degree of 2:1 or above in Chemistry or a related subject. For a bursary you’ll need a 2:2 or above in any subject.
You can’t claim both a bursary and a scholarship - you can only claim one.
Find out how to apply for a scholarship. You don’t need to apply for a bursary - if you’re eligible, you’ll automatically start receiving it once you begin your course. Find out how you’ll be paid.
Financial support if you’re from outside the UK.
About the training provider
Ark Teacher Training is an Outstanding two-year programme that allows graduates and career changers to become highly-effective, inspiring teachers, learning from some of the best educators in the profession.
We work in low income areas with a history of academic underachievement, striving for the best outcomes for all our pupils, regardless of their background. According to the Department for Education, Ark makes the biggest difference in transforming the lives of disadvantaged students out of all the major school groups.
- Classroom teaching: from day one, you’ll be in the classroom so you can have an impact straight away. Your tutor and coach will support you to build up your independent teaching time during the year.
- School orientation experience: before your course starts, spend time in your school meeting your new colleagues and interacting with pupils so you can hit the ground running in September.
- Summer School: all new trainees come together over two weeks in August for an introduction to the programme, our schools and the principles of great teaching. You’ll also cover the essential elements of behaviour management, ready for day one.
- Weekly coaching and co-planning: every week you'll be observed by your in-school coach, so they can offer you both positive feedback and bite-sized improvement targets.
- Your trained coach will help you to create effective lessons, developing your planning skills and giving you the opportunity to ask detailed subject -knowledge questions.
- Weekly training: leave school behind for in-person training sessions with your tutors/peers.
Training with disabilities and other needs
We want to make sure that our training programme is open to everybody, so if you have a disability we will make every reasonable adjustment to accommodate you throughout the recruitment process, as well as during the training programme if you are offered a place.
Please provide us with details if you would like us to make any adjustments for you on the assessment day. This will in no way affect the outcome of your application.
Whenever we build new schools, we ensure they have wheelchair access to classrooms. However, when an existing school joins the network, we have to work with the existing buildings and these can sometimes have limited accessibility.
While your PGCE qualification is accredited by Goldsmiths, University of London, you won’t have to go there to attend lectures or seminars; the majority of your training sessions will take place in one of our schools or at Ark's central office. However, you will still have access to the online journals, library facilities and student support services provided by Goldsmiths.
Apply on the UCAS website. You’ll need to register with UCAS before you can apply.
Visit Get into Teaching for guidance on applying for teacher training.
When you apply you’ll need these codes for the Choices section of your application form:
Training provider code:
Training programme code:
Choose a training location
You’ll also need to choose a training location – select the relevant location name on the application form.
|Ark Teacher Training - London
Advice and support
For questions about this course you should contact the training provider using the contact details above.
For advice about teaching
For advice about teaching or teacher training you can call Get into Teaching on Freephone 0800 389 2500 or chat to an adviser using their online chat service between 8am and 8pm, Monday to Friday.
If you have feedback or have had a problem using Find postgraduate teacher training you can contact us by email.
Is there something wrong with this page?
If there is something wrong with this course listing, contact us by email.