Financial support isn’t available for this course because it comes with a salary.
If you choose a course without a salary, you may be eligible for financial support while you study, including bursaries, scholarships and loans.
About the training provider
The Coventry SCITT is run by teachers and senior leaders in 28 schools across Coventry. We are committed to the very best outcomes for trainees and pupils. Many of these schools are outstanding. The purpose of the Coventry SCITT is to train the very best teachers to improve life chances for Coventry pupils. The bespoke high quality training has been written and delivered by consistently outstanding teachers. We know that learning how to teach does not just happen overnight, it takes time and support and that is what The Coventry SCITT will give to you. You can expect the following from The Coventry SCITT:
• By the end of the year you will have QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) and a PGCE from Birmingham City University which is 60 MA credits.
• Excellent training venues and facilities all around Coventry, hosted by our partner schools where you can speak to other trainees, gain advice from mentors or simply plan your lessons.
• Training is written by outstanding teachers to help to ensure that you are delivering good or outstanding lessons by the end of your training year.
• We are committed to providing many layers of support to ensure that you flourish. You will have a subject mentor who will meet with you weekly as well extra mentors to give you additional support and guidance.
• Many of our schools have large SEN departments and there will be many opportunities for you to be involved in these departments.
Training with disabilities and other needs
The Coventry SCITT is an inclusive teacher training programme and all schools are committed to providing bespoke training for any candidate including those with disabilities and other needs.
Interviews are held in accessible locations and specific needs can be catered for during the interview process. Any candidate who requires additional time to complete any section of the interview is supported with this in advance.
The SCITT team provide excellent pastoral support to all trainees and tailored one to one support for any candidate or trainee with a disability or other need.
Through-out the course, if trainees require any additional support a plan is produced in consultation with all relevant parties, to ensure the trainee succeeds.
Apply on the UCAS website. You’ll need to register with UCAS before you can apply.
Visit Get into Teaching for guidance on applying for teacher training.
When you apply you’ll need these codes for the Choices section of your application form:
Training provider code:
Training programme code:
Choose a training location
You’ll also need to choose a training location and give the relevant training location code.
||Sidney Stringer Academy, 2 Primrose Hill Street, Coventry CV1 5LY
Advice and support
For questions about this course you should contact the training provider using the contact details above.
For advice about teaching
For advice about teaching or teacher training you can call Get into Teaching on Freephone 0800 389 2500 or chat to an adviser using their online chat service between 8am and 8pm, Monday to Friday.
If you have feedback or have had a problem using Find postgraduate teacher training you can contact us by email.
Is there something wrong with this page?
If there is something wrong with this course listing, contact us by email.