About the training provider
Welcome to the Lightwoods Teaching School Alliance and Newman University School Direct PGCE Programme.
Lightwoods Teaching School Alliance
"Working in partnership to develop expertise and raise standards."
Lightwoods Teaching School Alliance (TSA) is a strategic partnership including primary schools and secondary schools and a University. It is an excellent place to train to teach for reasons including:
• A decade of successful training with Newman University on undergraduate, postgraduate and GTP routes.
• Lightwoods TSA has a range of expertise in teacher development having successfully delivered support to other schools across the West Midlands.
• The Senior Leadership Team have worked and supported in other schools. Lightwoods Primary School is a National Support School.
• Lightwoods TSA have hosted a range of training and CPD opportunities including observation of teaching, support for planning and moderation.
We have developed a close knit partnership which has a strong foundation based on a depth of experience within a family community; overall this allows us to create an excellent, personalised experience with outstanding support. We tailor and customise each individual’s training programme to develop them into balanced well rounded professionals. At the heart of our alliance is the need to provide outstanding teaching and a positive learning experience for all pupils.
About the accredited body
With a strong community cluster of schools we can offer training tailored to the individual’s needs which are superbly supported by the longstanding expertise from Newman University.
What can I expect at Newman University?
• Academic and Professional Tutor - There will be a named tutor to support your academic and professional development through tutorial and email support
• Partnership Tutor- A tutor from Newman will oversee and moderate the assessment of your school-based training
• High quality taught sessions delivered by expert tutors
• A virtual learning environment
• Access to the Newman University library
If you have feedback or have had a problem using Find postgraduate teacher training you can contact us by email.